47 Whitehouse Avenue

With the final project “Home” I made the opportunity to get back to my home in loughborough. Home is a special place for anyone and comes in all different forms. For me Loughborough will always be my hometown and the house I currently live in will always be my little slice of it. So my final project I decided that I should make a collection of still life images to captivate the spirit of my home.

The Kitchen is by far the most interesting room in my house, with cabinets full of wonders, shelves full of books and racks full of spices. It’s more than a place where we come to cook it’s a place where we can socialise with guests and dine as a family. It’s especially nostalgic seeing as the old worktop we bought from Ikea over 10 years ago is still around.

The garden has evolved over the years. Once it was used extensively by me, my sister and a wide variety of family and friends as it was spacious, had great areas to play in and was a great place to house outdoor gatherings. Today it looks almost desolate. Trees have been chopped down, algae grows on the slide and the swings creak as if the timber frame could collapse at any moment.

The living room is the most used room in the house, like many households. It’s where me and my family relax and socialise together, although the television is a main attraction. “I’m a celebrity get me out of here” is a television show that we as a family always watch whenever it is on TV, not all but shows like Master Chef, The Great British Bake Off, The Great British Menu, Gogglebox and chat shows like The Graham Norton Show and The Johnathon Ross Show are favourites for the family. Little characteristics like the patches in the blinds tell interesting stories of how the dog tried out of the house when we first received him (the dog in the bottom corner) although in this photo he looks a little too relaxed.

My parents bedroom is a new edition to the house as we recently had an extension. Although not too many memories have been made of this room it still feels like a part of home like all the other rooms in the house. The photo clearly sets a scene that is common during the day, the dog loves to sleep on the bed and watch the outside from the glass doors leading to the balcony.

This image is what I consider the pinnacle of “Home”. Our house is located alongside the tracks of the Great Central Railway, one of the last surviving steam train lines in the country. This image captures the train going past our house from the perspective of my parents bedroom. In front lies one of the trees from our garden, and in front of that is our dog Snoopy. As he would on any other day he sits on the bed relaxing.